Friday, April 1, 2011

The bathroom update

We hired a guy from our ward to overhaul our bathroom. There is no way on this earth I can do this. So yesterday he came over to start pulling everything out......sink, toilet, linoleum etc. His wife came with him also so we talked while he worked. There were some water issues so lots of turning the water off and on to the house. He got everything out of the bathroom and out of the house. He started pulling up some of the rotten floor boards. As he started lifting up the boards 3 little mice came running out. They ran out the bathroom. One ran into the spare bedroom and 2 of them ran down the stairs. Kim was screaming and I jumped back as far as I could. Doc went crazy cuz she could smell them but couldn't see them. She was going up and down the stairs. She caught one of them on the stairs and killed it instantly as she bit it. I chased her out the back door cuz I wasn't gonna have dead, bloody mice in the house. I called (more liked screamed-she's deaf too) Doc back into the house after she dropped the dead mouse. I took her to the spare bedroom to sniff out the other mouse. I was kinda freaked out cuz I wanted it out of there but didn't want it to run in front of me. Kim left to the front yard. Doc finally sniffed it out under Emily's desk and made the kill. I chased Doc again to the back door and outside. Fortunately Jay found the 3rd mouse and caught it in a towel and threw it in the back yard. You've never seen a happier dog or a more grossed out me!!!!











April Fools!!!! :)

5 comments:

Cap said...

I love your April Fools blogs. I always fall for them.

JJP said...

I saw this one coming! ha!

lexiedawn said...

I totally fell for it! I thought it was an effective method though...(:

Lesa said...

Oh wow.
this was just so believable.
and yucky.

Dad said...

Wait . . . If this is April Fools, why did we have country fried mouse on a stick last night for dinner?