Thursday, April 28, 2011

Need me some vitamins

Last week I went to the doctors for a check up. I've been feeling kinda weird and off so I wanted to make sure I was normal. I got some blood test ran and Tuesday I got the results. One of the big results is that I'm extremely vitamin D deficient. I didn't know you could be deficient in that vitamin. So I have to take 2000 iu of it a day for a month or so and get checked again. But a couple of the symptoms are muscle aches and/or weakness and fatigue. I just thought it was age and running that was making me feel so weak. Also running has been killing my muscles......still. For that last 2 days now I've been on a really high dose of vit. D and hopefully in the next couple of weeks I should see a change. So here's hope for more energy and less pain!!!!!
And I think everyone should go and get their vitamin D checked. There may be a good reason if you're feeling fatigued and your muscles feel sore.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Last year at both me and Jerry's physicals we got the same results back..low on Vitamin D..we had to do the same month long dosage, I think I am low again..Crystal was extermly low and her dosage is even higher..I think alot of people are low and don't know it..its good to get checked now and then for sure..hope your feeling like the energizer bunny soon..

Heidi said...

It's because you don't have sunshine!! COme visit!!