Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bees

This morning Steve and I went to Salt Lake to pick up the bees.

You can tell there are hundreds of bees in there....3lbs. to be exact.


Steve sprayed them with sugar water first. Jaron recorded the whole thing while I took pictures and Emily was safe in Jaron's room recording and taking pics.


The QUEEN!!!


Steve knocks them into the hive and bees are flying everywhere. He gets stung a few times and grabs the head gear and gloves.


Jaron and I stand back as bees are flying into our hair and on our arms.
Jaron gets pooped on several times and I get stung on the back of my neck.


Steve is stung 5 times on his head. The bees are now settling in and hoping for lots of honey this summer!!
ps. the recording is pretty funny to watch. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are much toooooooooooooooooo brave. I can't believe you left skin showing. Bees love that, but it hurts. Trying to remember if the smoker would have helped. Actually looks like you did a great job in spite of your bravery.