Friday, April 8, 2011

Class and Bath

I must have done at least 5 hours of work on my landscape design yesterday. Got it all laid out with all the trees, bushes, patios and grass in place. I figured out how many of each plant, cost and total costs of everything. I got into class tonight and the backyard just didn't look right. It didn't have that flowing feel. So my teacher and TA worked on it with me til we got it right. Lots of things are moved around again and I have to re-do quite a bit but that's ok. It looks so much nicer. Next week is the final. I have to turn in my portfolio, written report, my design and give a presentation on my design and why I did what I did. It's been a great class and fun too. I'm really thinking of taking the next class up after this one.
Now I have to implement the design I made. Lots of digging up grass, planting and putting in patios. That will wait til it stops raining and snowing.
Emily's bathroom is coming along. I painted it tuesday a periwinkle blue color. It looks better than I thought it would. Jay came over yesterday and laid out the backer board on floor and the ceramic tile. It's like a whole different bathroom.....a pretty one now. When it's done I'll take pics. but it's gonna be the nicest one in the house!! Lucky Em!!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Sounds like you are going to have the best backyard in the neighborhood, can't wait for you to come visit so you can do my backyard design..just what you wanted to do on vacation right..can't wait to see the bathroom..you are like the energizer bunny.