Saturday, September 3, 2011

Beehive

This morning Steve and I checked on the beehive. I got to wear the head gear and the bee gloves to check on them......first time for me. It was so cool taking off the lid and seeing the bees buzz around and all the honey comb and honey oozing out of the top. Steve and I tasted some of the honey and it was so clear and sweet and delicious!! The bees started to get agitated so we started closing it up. But not before I scraped off some of the honey comb to taste. Then they really started getting mad. Hopped out of there with 2 bee stings. One on my leg and foot.....forgot to cover them up. But I saved the honey comb I snatched and it was yummy!! And I did take some antihistamine for the swelling. We're hoping to process some of the honey on Monday!!! :)

No comments: