Thursday, September 15, 2011

Still Harvesting

I think September is one of the most craziest time of year. I have been busy for weeks harvesting the garden, apples and bees. I've canned 6 batches of salsa and still have lots of tomatoes coming. I'm not complaining at all cuz I know this winter I will be very happy with each one of those tomatoes. Next week I'm going to can them for soups, etc. Right now my projects have been picking apples. Our 5 trees are loaded so I'm going to get as many down as I can for cider and I may even dry some. We're making cider on Saturday. It's going to be a little chilly so it should be perfect. Tonight Christopher is coming over to help Steve get the slats out of the remaining super. Tomorrow (and next week) I'll be draining the honey. I hope we get another 20+ pounds from it. We're also celebrating Jaron's birthday Sunday. How do these kids keep getting older? So anyway....it's been a busy September and will continue to be so through the rest of the month. I'm pooped!!

1 comment:

Cap said...

That's how I feel. We've canned 5 batched of salsa, peaches, pickles and our garden is still going. We've got a bunch of honey from you guys and others and are still planning on canning some more. Lesa has also been drying a bunch of stuff like tomatoes, onions and bananas, (tomatoes and onions were from our garden) we also have carrots coming in late fall and some pumpkins. We've never done anything like this and we are loving it. I think we are going to extend the garden next year.