Saturday, September 10, 2011

Extraction of honey














Today was the day to rob the honey from the bees. I don't know what we were thinking that we could do it all in one day. We did take the slats from the top super. I stayed in and took pictures through the screen.....me and bees don't go together. Steve was down getting the slats first but he kept getting stung that Christopher went down to take his place. Jaron would grab the slats from him and take them into the garage.






After all 10 were out they'd scrape the wax off and get the honey. It was too cold to use the extractor so we have the combs over buckets dripping the honey. So far we have around 15 pints and still not done. We still have another super to do. But that will be another week.














I'm so glad Darrell and Dyann could come. It was great seeing them.



BTW....I think Christopher got 3 stings, Steve got 4 and Jaron 0.

1 comment:

Cap said...

I don't get how Jaron got through with no stings. I think I'm cursed with your genes also since my fingers that got stung swelled up.