Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It's down

Today I took the Christmas decorations down and it left me in a great mood. I do love Christmas decorations, lights, and all that comes with it but Christmas seems like a double edge sword to me. I love the giving stuff but it stresses me out soooooo much. I've been thinking about it a lot and I think the problem is that I'm a people pleaser and I worry if I bought the right thing for each person, if they'll like it, if I bought enough, did I remember everyone and if everything is even and fair. Oh....and paying for it. So I end up being really stress for a month+ while trying to keep Christ in Christmas. I still haven't figured out how to combine both. I honestly don't think I will in my life time be able to combine Christ and Santa in one holiday. Too hard or my mind just has a hard time doing both at once. And it seems like when Christmas is over I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Last night it hit me. Totally exhausted, I just couldn't stand one more day with the tree. It was so dead and needles were everywhere. If you brush up against it small branches would break off.....even with vacuuming every day. While I was upstairs lying in bed watching a movie, Steve, Jaron and Emily took down the tree for me as a surprise. And boy was it an awesome surprise!!!! I don't hate Christmas. I really do like it. I just wish it was more Christ-centered.

1 comment:

Cap said...

I realized that this year. I have a really hard time remembering Christ, and reflecting on his birth and life. I think that is why, (with the 12 month goals I set) I chose to read Jesus the Christ in December to help me remember what we are really celebrating.

Maybe you could do it with me as it's a long book and I may need more motivation. :)