Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Locked out

A couple of weeks ago our front door knob broke. We bought a new one and replaced it. Two keys came with it. We haven't made copies of the keys yet cuz.....it's the Christmas season, life is a little crazy and so who has time? The new door knob can stay locked and still be able to go out. So that is the setting it's at. This morning I wanted to make a bunch of banana bread to take to Emily's dance teacher tonight. I got all the mini loaves in the oven and set it for 20 mins. After I got it in the mail came. I slid on Steve's big church shoes and ran out to get it. As the storm door closed the suction closed the front door also. I'm thinking...Oh crap!!! With the front door locked I run around the house checking all the windows, back doors and everything is locked up tight. I run over to Heather's and call Steve at work to get Christopher's phone number. My cell phone is in the house so I have no numbers. I finally get a hold of Lesa and Heather drives me to get the key from Lesa for the back door. We get back and try back doors but the key doesn't work. We go back to Heather's and decide to call Jay Marquiss. He has a tall ladder and find out that Emily's window is unlocked. He breaks in through Emily's window, that is lined with about 10 cups of water that she hasn't brought down, and opens the front door. An hour from when I was locked out....I am in. The banana bread is little black bricks but the house didn't burn down!! :)

1 comment:

Nic said...

I am just envisioning all of this with you in Steve's church shoes! I just laughed out loud! :)When we first moved in I took the garbage out and when I came back up the stairs, Kate had locked me out. She was 3 and didn't know how to let me in. I was locked up tight and had to end up calling a stinking locksmith. 2 hours and $80 bucks later . . . I was back inside. :) Had I only called JAY! :)