Monday, January 30, 2012

Nathan's email

Hey mommers,
hey so the new area is pretty good. However I did not get to see the norther lights. We heard about them, however they were usually happening while we were sleeping so we weren't able to see them :( Oh well hopefully I'll be able to see them before I leave here. Rovaniemi is a pretty good place however its really cold. And biking in that weather is really not very fun at all. but I'm starting to get used to the cold so its really not too bad and I think I'll live, but I guess we'll see. I'm not too sure what all they have up there up pretty much anything that you can think of they'll probably have so, just let me know what you want.. or what you think you might want, and I'll look for it. So I'm not sure if i know a Megan xxxx... I'm racking my brain to think of anyone with that name and I cant think of anyone... Anyway, the ward here is a pretty good size, roughly 35-40 people, which is way better than the 10 in Savonlinna, haha. But yeah that's really all that's going on here but I hope that you have a great week and I love and miss you a ton!!!
Rakkaudella,
Vanhin Nate Peck

Hei Pops,

I did not get to see the northern lights this last week. We were told they they usually came out at 2 or 3 in the morning and it had to be clear sky's so we just never got to see them. Hopefully before I leave I'll be able to see them though.

Rovaniemi is a pretty good city and is really cold, haha. We have to bike everywhere we go and it really gets pretty cold sometimes. I'm sure I look pretty funny when I'm biking with my huge hat on under my helmet, but who cares it keeps me warm! Rovaniemi is actually a pretty populated area and there is even a university here, The University of Lapland. So its pretty nice and there are a lot of young people running around so that's way nice. The ward here is a pretty good size, there are about 35-40 members. So for Finland its pretty good. And as far as a dialect, there is one but its really not too bad or noticeable, so its not too hard to understand people.

Well that's really about all but thanks for everything, and yes I did get the 20€ Thanks a TON!! I hope you have a great week and I love and miss you a ton!!1
Rakkaudella,
Vanhin Nate Peck

No comments: