Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Getting healthy.....by Lori

This has not been the best of weeks health wise. Last Friday Emily came home early with a sore throat and a slight fever. Nathan's face was really congested and then Monday Steve got what they got. I didn't get their cold (knock on wood) but I've been trying to get off paxil. I have never experienced anything like this and I hope I never will again or anyone I know. According to Steve and reading different blogs, I was in the norm for all the side affects I went through. I am now on the down hill part of it. One of the side affects is vertigo. A constant dizzy feeling and lightheadedness that makes you really sick. After a few days of that the brain sizzling thing kicked in. It sounds like droplets of water on a hot burner. It didn't hurt but my brain would sizzles 10-15 times a minute or more. I still have some of that but not so much. It's weird how easy it is to get on it but so hard to get off of it. I guess the drug companies know what they are doing. Today though, I went to Ikea by myself. Which is an accomplishment with the way my head has been feeling. It felt so good to get out. I went on U-2 and transferred to U-1, took the bus and then walked. It takes about 30-45 minutes to get there. There is a freedom to be able to travel all over Vienna using their metro system. Plus it's a lot of fun seeing all the scenery. I think I will really miss Vienna when we go home. It's nice to have someone do all the driving for you and to get out and walk. We are all getting healthier and so the blog will resume again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, my prayers are with you on the paxil thing. You know that I have been on that and that I went off it slowly. Very slowly. I'm now back on it. Sorry about how hard it is.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that setback is almost over for you. Just remember little orphan Annie says "the sun will come out tomorrow" and it does. Life WILL get better. Your dad and I love you lots.

Anonymous said...

Lori, We have been the same way here, there has been someone sick on my couch for the last month, I thought I was going to go crazy! So sorry to hear about the detox from Paxil, its so crazy how your body reacts when it gets used to something, Im glad you got to go to Ikea, that place can make anyone feel better! Hang in there, I miss you all so much, I miss our talks on the phone!! Lots of Love is coming through this blog to all of you!! Love Maureen