Monday, March 24, 2008

Something Different, Part 2......Another Testemonial by Nate






So today's blog i have decided to dedicate to Steve Waters who said on my last food review about raw fish so long ago. "OK Nate, I don't get it. You guys didn't move to Japan. You can get raw fish in Utah. What you can't get is authentic Wiener Schnitzel, Erdäpfel Salat, Tafelspitz, Kaiserschmarrn, Apfelstrudel, Salzburger Nockerln, Sachertorte, and Vanillekipferl. I'll be more impressed when I start seeing reviews of this fare."



So ya...seeing how i don't know what half of that stuff is i just decided to do one of them... so today me and my family went to a restaurant...a fancy restaurant...and ya so we sat down in this place that looked like an old English pub. so when we ordered me and my dad each bought our own Schnitzel (it was called like a deep fried schnitzel, if you translated it to English.) and me mom and sister shared a chicken schnitzel. so when they brought us our food the schintzels were bigger than the plates they served them on. they were HUGE!!..it was like a huge brown disk think but, ya schnitzels are really good...i don't really know what to compare them to because there so different from anything you've ever tasted before...so its pretty strange but it was soo good...i ended up eating all of mine barley..but my father couldn't finish his...so ya if your ever in Austria i would recommend that you go and get a schnitzel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Nathan! Now, that's what I'm talking about. Look at the breads on the table as well. What a dinner. What a lunch. What a bunch of leftovers (for everyone but you). Glad you liked the stuff. Something about what you experienced there seems different from the hotdog I got at the local Wienerschnitzel here in Orem. Who would have thought that I was sending you off to have something different that a hotdog?

Anonymous said...

Sure hope you had some brotchens with your schnitzel - they are my favorite. You're all looking so healthy. Steve - how come you didn't finish yours? Has Spring sprung there yet? We had a wonderful Easter at Sugarhouse Park after church. Wish you all could have been there too. Not a cloud in the sky and no cold wind. Everyone had a great time trying to get a kite out of a tree and getting dog poo off of Charly. We had no tears from any of the kids. And all came out unscarred, except as we were going home, Kathy twisted her back and was really hurting. She's better today. Love and miss you all. Grandmap

Anonymous said...

Boy, that food sure looks better than the sandwiches we had in Paris. Hope there was lots of some kind of meat in them. Not very warm here, in fact according to my electric bill it has averaged 4 degrees cooler this last month than a year ago. My poor, poor garden. We had cold rain for Easter. I think SLC sounds a lot better.