Friday, May 21, 2010

Band Concert

Usually the band concerts for the junior high are divided up into two nights. Because there are so many kids in band and there's not enough room for everyone to sit. This time the band director thought it would be fun to have it all in one night. You can imagine the crowd......parents sitting on the isle floors or standing around wherever they could find a spot. Then it was about 2 hours long and the heat in the room was getting somewhat unbearable. I thought the beginning band did great (the one Emily's in) and I think all of them did.


Steve and decided though that since Emily was one of the first to play that we would wait outside till the rest of the bands were done. I gave our seats to an elderly couple who were pretty happy to be able to sit down. So we hung out outside and took pics. I was bored but Steve wasn't cuz he had his ipad with him.....he was prepared.
Another thing I can now check off my list of things that needed to get done by the end of school.....yeah!!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

you two are crazy fun..Steve has a Ipad..lucky ducky..I want one..but what I want and what I get are two very different things...

Jess Peck said...

WAY TO GO, EM!PARGLYCH

Heidi said...

We have the same problem, not enough room for all the parents. So we left early after Elizabeth's performance and found out later we got her in trouble for leaving early. The people who had been standing who took our seats seemed ready to sign an excuse!