Monday, May 17, 2010

Things keep breaking

Don't things come in groups of three?....like when things break or having bad luck? It seems like everything is breaking and falling apart. First thing was just an outlet in the garage dies....not that big of a deal. I can fix that. It's just something to put on my mental list and I just haven't had the time yet. Then last month the basement flooded. It took days to dry that out and we thought the water well thingy just leaked ......til last Saturday when I went to water some plants and Jaron came running outside telling his rug was soaked. Crap!! So Steve messed around with the faucet while I used the steam cleaner to soak up water.....again. He discovers that there is a leak or crack in the faucet behind the wall. He shows me by turning the water on high and shows me how little water is really coming out. You can guess where all that water went....downstairs. So back down I go sucking up more water. Now I need a plumber!!
Yesterday I go and turn on the sprinklers to see if they all work. The first cycle goes on and there isn't much pressure coming out. I'm checking the sprinkler heads all out and then I see it......water saturating the sidewalk and flowing down the street. I reach in the hole to see what's going on and the pipe is torn apart. When the city redid our sidewalk....they also mutilated a pipe doing it.
Ok....that's three things so I should be in the free and clear. But nope......today Jaron was mowing the lawn. Lesa, Maddox and I were in the front yard while Jaron was mowing the back and there was this huge and horrible noise in the back. I yelled to see if Jaron was ok and he was but a huge piece of the metal from the mower broke off somehow and wrapped itself around the blades....go figure. I think it's dead but Steve thinks he might be able to fix it......hummm. I'll believe it when I see it cuz it is soooo bad.
I'm glad everyone is ok and I can kinda laugh at some of this....sorta...when I'm not crying. Just kidding. And I know it could be worse....right? I really don't want to jinx myself!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

knock on wood, turn 3 times to the left, then the right and chant "no more please" 10 times and that should cover you for awhile..really it works..good luck and sad to hear all the bad luck..hurry go start knocking ect....Love ya..

Tim said...

Geeez... Where is Tim when you need him?? ... Slacker ;)