Thursday, May 27, 2010

Update on Emily

I have been waiting and waiting for Emily to come to me and say.......I'm burned out!!! But so far it hasn't happened. She has been putting in hours and hours of dance. She comes home tired but excited to learn more of the part she plays at "Alice". For the last few Saturday's she has had dance for 6 hours and then at least 6+ hours during the week. Yesterday I went and watched her as she and another dancer were learning their parts and I couldn't believe how much it's coming together but also I was in awe at how beautiful she danced........the dancing and acting was so fun to watch. It was all I could do to hold back the tears while watching her. The recital is in 2 weeks and they will be ready to perform.
I'm proud of Em and for her hard work and dedication not only to dance but in so many aspects of her life. She's also a straight A student and is also in the 2nd highest choir at school. I think the hardest part is that I have to put limits on her to what she can do cuz she will do it all!! There were other things she wanted to sign up to do but I had to remind her that she can't do EVERYTHING so for now it's dance, flute and choir.

No comments: