Monday, May 10, 2010

Pins are out!


If you get a little bit or a lot queasy about things being pulled out of your body....don't read on.
This morning I got the pins taken out of my foot. I wanted to watch the whole thing and Steve was curious how this was done too so he came to watch. The doctor first numbed the top of my foot where the ends of the pins were located. After it was numb he cut about a 1/2 inch opening. He then started rubbing or scraping the bone to find the pin. I watched most of this but a few times I had to turn my head. Not cuz it hurt but the sound of the tweezers rubbing on my bone. He found the first pin and slowly wiggled it out. I knew it was long but I was more amazed at how thick it was. Then the process started again to find the second one. When that one was found it was wiggled and pulled out. It was weird and interesting to watch. Then it was sewed up with a couple of stitches.
Watching him put stitches in wasn't that big of a deal......unlike watching my kids get them. All 4 of the boys have gone to the ER when they were younger at least once (some more than once) and watching them get stitches made me nauseous.
It's great having them out but even better walking and running without pain!! Thanks doctor!!

No comments: