Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

I love New Years.....kinda like a new beginning. Or being able to start over with what you didn't get done the year (or years) before.....a fresh start. I like the feeling of hope. What wonderful things are in store for the year. I thought about New Years Resolutions and I've pretty much given up on those but there are a few things that I hope to be better at a year from now than I am now.
One of my goals (or resolutions) is to TRY to feel less guilt about everything in my life. I am so guilt motivated on so many things. I believe there is way too much of it and I'm going to try to lessen it in my life.
Another thing I'm going to try to do is be kinder to myself. I don't need to beat myself up over every little thing that goes wrong.....or that it's somehow my fault. I'm going to accept who I am and not try to be anybody else. I'm not a super mom or super woman so I'm not going to try to be one. The expectation level of myself is going to go down. If I can't make everyone in this world happy....it's ok.
Some things that I'm doing and that I want to keep doing is running. I can't say that I like to run but I love the feeling when I'm done running. I like having endurance....being able to keep going at the end of a long day. And being sweaty is cool!! :)
And I want to keep going to school. This semester I'm taking accounting. I am so excited to get started in it......crunching numbers....Wow!! Then this fall semester I'm taking another finance class and I'm going to start taking 2 years of Spanish. We'll see how that goes.
So I hope everyone has an amazing and less guilty year. I'm going to keep riding on this feeling of hope and optimism. :)

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I love your post..its everything I want for my new year..you are such a great person and I love you, you are my sister in every sense of the word..Don't ever let anyone make you feel guilty or less then who you are. Happy New year!!

The Pecks said...

Thanks Maureen :) I consider you my sister too!! I think the guilt thing is a life long process but what a better time than now to get a handle on it.....right? Love ya!!