Sunday, November 15, 2009

Getting older

I would have to say that this stage of my life is strange, sometimes funny and can be very confusing. I've also noticed that I have become a little more opinionated and things bug me that never use to. Though I am more laid back and don't worry so much about how clean the house is or if I look a certain way or not. Maybe I'm just getting set in my ways a little.
Another adjustment is my kids leaving home. I've been a mom for over 25 years. I guess it's been my main occupation and I'm still a mom but not as needed as I use to be say 10-15 years ago. I think getting older makes me think more about what my role is now and what I want to do with the rest of my life, which I am still trying to figure out. One thing that has really been on my mind is Jaron coming home and Nathan leaving. I'm so, so excited to see Jaron but on the other hand I'm going to miss Nathan like crazy. I'm glad Nathan is leaving cuz I know it's the best thing for him and he will learn and grow so much just like his brothers did but there will be 3 of us here.....me, Steve and Emily. It just so weird to me.




There has been no adjustment to being a grandma. That just came naturally. What I am amazed about is the bond I feel towards my grandkids. I never expected that it would be so strong. Almost/or as strong as I feel towards my own kids. It's incredible!!!


Well...that's just some of the many things I've been thinking about lately. I asked Steve if I should blog about some of my thoughts or if I should just keep this blog surfacey. He said I should do some of my thought cuz this is sorta like a journal and honestly....I don't have many readers.
It's just been a very "thinking" day.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

you and I think a lot alike..we must be sisters;) the older we get the deeper our thoughts are..Right!

Madi said...

I am so glad i am able to call you my aunt (: i love you and your blog!