Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful

Do you ever have those days where things just go wrong? There wasn't a lot of "wrong" things today but enough to irritate me and put me in a bad mood. I know I shouldn't let things get to me so much and I started thinking about when we lived in Vienna and some of the people we met. I learned about some of their lives and the hard things they went through. It kinda made me mad at myself for letting little things affect me so much. But we met some people there that I don't think I will ever forget them and the things they have gone through in their lives. One of the women we met was a refuge from a country that was invaded by another country. A lot of her family was murdered and her and two members of her family escaped to Vienna. Her story is incredible!!! And she is such a survivor!!!

Another family we knew the mother died in child birth and the 12 year old son is raising the family of 4 kids while his dad works to provide for them. It really puts my problems on a much smaller scale. Sometimes I forget how good I have it or how minor my problems are till I remember those who have it so much harder than me. They would probably love to have my bad day!!
























So I am grateful for my life!! And for my family and all my friends.

2 comments:

-Danica- said...

What a good attitude to have - and what amazing stories! I was told recently some good advice for bad days: You don't have time to have a bad day, you only have enough time to have a bad half day. 6 hours is all you get- you choose. from 6-noon, noon-6, or 6-midnight :) It seems to help when i have to set the time on myself lol!

Maureen said...

Im thankful for you!