Wednesday, November 18, 2009

volunteer

Yesterday I went and talked to some schools to promote the dance company Emily is in. When I got home Nathan asked me if I was paid to do this. Of course I said, "no". I told him it's all volunteer work. I reminded him of the hours and hours of work I did for marching band when he, Jaron and Christopher were in it. I try to raise the kids to do work without being paid.......that it's a good thing.

I think I benefited more out of volunteering with the marching band than they got from me. The band was like one big family and I loved those kids!!! It's the same with the girls Emily dances with.....a fun group!! So here is my plug.....volunteer!!! You will be the one who benefits from it!!!!

BTW..Jaron is 2nd from the right and Nathan is 4th.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Volunteer is another word for Mom..member of the church and amazing person, all of which are you!