Thursday, July 8, 2010

Colonoscopy

This morning Steve had his 50 year mark colonoscopy ......just a little late. What I learned from watching him go through this is that I'm dreading it when I hit the big "5 ""0". Well, maybe 52. He had to drink a total of 3 bottles of this stuff......it's soul purpose is to flush you out and you have to park yourself on the toilet or very near it for the next 12-18 hours. I felt really bad for him but there wasn't a whole lot I could do but get him Mountain Dew and make him some boullion to drink.
I drove Steve to the hospital this morning and they informed us that the dr. was running a LITTLE late. Not so fun if you've gone through what Steve and any other patient has gone through the last 18 hours. But he finally got in and less than a half hour later he was out. So it's really quick. Steve talked to me for 20 minutes straight after he woke up and doesn't remember anything he said. I do though and maybe I should have taken advantage of this more :)
BTW......everything looked good and he's good for another 3 years. For him make it at least 5 years.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

yea..glad it turned out, Im dreading that too..Jerry had to have one last year, it was so funny when he kept asking me the same question over and over and he didn't remember anything either..the fun I could have had messing with his mind..oh well maybe next time :) hows the floor coming, can't wait to see it..

Kathy said...

Been there - done that. Your dad just had his 3rd one done. He said he can't even look at Gatorade w/o feeling sick. I drank Sams white grape juice and it was probably the best choice. It was good and I didn't really have any hunger.