Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 2 of Steve's b-day

Today we thought it would be "fun" to hike up to Baldy. You know, for Steve's birthday and doing fun stuff together. One thing I did learn is.....I'm a horrible uphill hiker at the age of 48. I didn't complain though. You can ask Steve or any of the kids....not a complaining word out of my mouth. But you can tell by the look on my face how I was feeling.
We hiked 2.5 miles up, up, up!!
We only got to the top of the dry canyon loop and it took us almost 3 hours to get there.
Steve surprised me with a can of diet coke when we got there. A very pleasant surprise and I did share.
As you can tell everyone was pretty wasted except for Jaron. He could have made it up to Baldy easily!!

After enjoying the peace we headed back down. I only slipped and fell twice and it's a good thing I have lots of padding :) We also saw a rattle snake on the way back too. Exhaustion has hit and no one is moving. I know I don't want to hike Baldy for my birthday :)

No comments: