Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Floor

I'm writing this for myself......that if I ever decide it would be fun to redo the floor again anywhere in the house I can look back at this and run!!!!!
So far I have ripped out all the linoleum in the kitchen and dining room. Some spots weren't too bad except the places where there was tons of glue. The glue was hit and miss on the floor. Either big blobs or very, very thin amount. I've gotten most of the glue off and I have to say that my arm strength has about doubled since the project started. The people who built this house (no names mentioned...aahh humm...Ivory Homes) really did a poor job in some spots. They also forgot to put any kind of seal between the back porch wall and the inside of the kitchen which leads to really icky wood. So when I get done with the floor I will also be doing some sealing.
Another difficulty was all the mixed information I got and still getting. I've read tons on the Internet, talked to dealers, professionals and family. So much contradicting information. In the end of all the info I've gotten so far......I'm sticky with my brother in law. So as soon as I get this done I will take pics. But don't hold your breath!!!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

your sticky with Jerry?? should I be concerned...that made me laugh so hard..I know you meant Sticking but your over worked and over tired..sorry that floor has been so hard..these are the times I wish we lived closer..call whenever really..I think you should stick with Jerry too;)

The Pecks said...

Sorry Maureen....it was a typo and I've been scraping off so much glue. It's very sticky. Wish you were here too!!!