Monday, July 19, 2010

Nathan's email

Nathan is doing great. He's getting the language better and better each week.....so that's good!! So here they are.....


Hello Pa!!!

So how are things going back at home? sounds like Fun being able to work from Home... Our apartment building is also kinda getting redone at the moment... well they are finishing it right now... haha... but they put some new windows in... so that's actually quite nice... however the windows are bigger so its harder to cover all the light during night... but oh well... I'm pretty used to it now... so it shouldn't be to bad. oh and don't worry I'm totally Fine from the crazy person... It was just a little weird... but i kinda doubt that it will ever happen again... haha.

Yeah... so the weather is really hot here too its roughly 35 C, and about 95% humidity... So we get nice and sweaty by the end of the day.... But sometimes here is a nice breeze. and that is always amazing... haha... But no we cant smell the ocean :( But there are times when we are walking right buy it and stuff, so that's cool... its really cool though... because when we are at the ocean we are able to see all the islands that are off the coast of Finland... so that's really cool looking...

so we actually go to the Library to email..and its really nice because the library is one of the only buildings with AC... Its awesome!!! And the people here are generally pretty nice... most do speak English... but generally wont speak English to you... which is fine... I wouldn't learn if people just spoke English to me the whole time... welp i think that's it, I love and miss you, Take care.

Vanhin Peck

Hey Mommers!!!
Hey so it sounds like tons of fun stuff it going on back at home!!! And it sounds like Emily had a most grand Birthday... that's good. Things here are going pretty well... I haven't gotten a camera yet, but after this me and my comp are going.... my Comp said that they are about €150 so we shall, see what I can find... I want to hopefully get one just like my other one so that i can use the same memory card and everything... cuz I still have quite a bit of room on the other one... so we shall see I guess. So yeah.. other than that things here are going pretty good... we are going to be teaching a guy, latter tonight, who could be really good, so we shall see how that goes. So the Finnish is still really tough, but i can tell that my I am able to understand more and more. so that's good... Oh and I didn't get your letter last week :( ... so i don't really know what is up with that, so yeah... no pictures or nothing... kinda a bummer... but maybe ill get them soonish... welp I do believe that's all but take care aI love and miss you!!
Vanhin Peck

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like he is doing well and adjusting even better. Whata guy aka Elder Peck. So proud of him and the parents that raised him.

Maureen said...

what a great adventure..Alexie got a letter from Nathan..she isn't home yet to open it.. I can't wait to read it when she gets home..(if she will let me;) Thanks for sharing.