Friday, March 23, 2012

Glass

For the last few months I had this sore/bump by my eye brow above my nose. It was kinda annoying but didn't let it bother me. Then a week ago it would just start bleeding. That's when I thought maybe it was a piece of glass from the wreck. But I thought it was too many years ago and that what ever was left in my face would probably just stay put. Yesterday it started bleeding a little bit again and I went to I touched it. I scraped my finger on a piece of glass that was in there. I got the tweezers to see if I could pull it out but no such luck. I was sad and a little freaked out. Fortunately I got in to my dermatologist (who is totally amazing!!) and he was able to get it out. It was bigger than what he thought and took 4 stitched in the end. I asked him if it was unusual for glass to come out almost 29 years later and he said it wasn't at all. He's seen people where it's been even longer and that more may eventually come out. I didn't like that but so glad that this piece is out now.
ps. Steve wanted me to keep the glass that got taken out.....so I've got it. :)

1 comment:

Maureen said...

my stomach just did a flip flop..that is just not fun at all..it would freak me out..your a trooper..just a little reminder of a scary time..glad you have it out!!