Thursday, March 1, 2012

Survived!!

Do you ever have days where at the end of it, you are so happy to have survived the day? Today was one of those. We woke up at 6:30am to a freezing cold house.....50 degrees. Steve said that around 12:30-1am the heater went out. I called the "heater man" at 7am and ran over to Heather's to borrow a space heater (thank you Heather!!). Then went to go online and the internet was down. I made a couple of calls to comcast and nothing worked. I was cold, frustrated and needed to get out of the house. I got back in time for the "heater man" appointment. He knew exactly what it was and was able to fix it in a half hour.....great relief. Now to tackle comcast again. I called them again and I was disconnecting and reconnecting wires and cables over and over and he said that the modem must be out. After exchanging for a new modem and connecting it, it still didn't work. So over and over I tried reconnecting the cables. Two hours later I finally got a screen and logged on......nothing. Then an hour later the internet magically appeared and it's been on since. Weird but glad we have it again. I'm just glad that I didn't "lose it" today.

1 comment:

Cap said...

I remember the day after you guys left for Vienna the heater went out and Lesa and I had to huddle around a space heater for any warmth. No fun!