Saturday, March 17, 2012

Yard work

This week has been a killer week when it comes to weather. I've spent a few afternoons outside clearing out the garden, chopping up sticks and transplanting. I had onion plants scattered all over the garden and I dug them up, tilled in some organic soil and put them in rows. I think I will have between 30-40 onion plants.....or more. Half are red and the other half yellow onions. I also planted lettuce seeds and peas. I also cleaned up some of Emily's secret garden. Last year I dug up about 40 tulip bulbs and transplanted them along the fence. They are all coming up plus looking at her garden you can't tell that I took that many out. They are EVERYWHERE!!!! After they bloom I will be taking at least another 40+ out and moving them around. Jaron and Kevin hauled out all the branches from the first pruning job we did on one of the apple trees. Steve is going to finish pruning that tree today and then maybe move over to the other 4 apple trees. We have tons of work ahead of us but I enjoy every minute of it. Snow is suppose to come tomorrow so I guess that means I need to start working on the house. It's been rejected for about a week and it looks like it.



Look at this cute little message I got on my phone yesterday. Darci makes me smile.....such a doll!!!

No comments: