Wednesday, October 28, 2009

sick....just sick

A couple of days ago I cleaned out the apples that were down stairs in the food storage. They were going very bad. Little did I know there were fruit flies all over them and as I was hauling them to the garbage outside......some of the little buggers made a great escape in the house.

Here is the gross part......last night I went upstairs to brush my teeth and what was ALL over my toothbrush???? Yep...fruit flies! Tons of them......I would say billions!!! I yelled for Steve to come up here. When he saw it he thought it was so cool!!! Only an entomologist would think that.

Sorry...no pictures of the toothbrush but just use your imagination.






Steve said to have a small bowl of vinegar and it will attract them. There are a few dead in the bowl but not as many as were on my tooth brush.. I think I killed most of them last night as they were landing on the counter.

And this is what Maddox thinks about the whole thing.




3 comments:

Lesa said...

ohh hah looove that picture of maddox. :O) hopefully all the flies will be dead soon.

Maureen said...

Its a good thing you can still see, I might not have seen them..YUCK>>

Arvanitas' said...

I've tried the whole vinegar thing. It doesn't work great or I'm using the wrong vinegar. The fruit flies sort of hover around the bowl and taunt me.