Saturday, December 19, 2009

Lower.....lower....

Every Christmas season I try with all my might to lower my expectations of Christmas. I try so, so hard to make it more about Christ, family and friends and by this time of the season.......I am so stressed and my goals are totally out the window. Why is that? I had great intentions but it never fails......it doesn't work that way.


I know what one of my problems is....I try too hard to make EVERYONE happy. It's very exhausting and it's impossible to do. I know it's something I need to change in me.
So today Steve is taking me to Red Lobster and we are doing ZERO Christmas shopping and were just going to have fun.....a very much needed break!!

5 comments:

Maureen said...

You deserve some fun because you do make lots of people happy including me!

Lesa said...

good for you. everyone WILL be happy because it's Christmas! No worries!

dpeck said...

Since I'm a real live 'Bah Humbug' kind of guy, this sounds perfectly normal.

Jess said...

Don't stress. Everyone is happy...tis the season....
haha ;)

Kathy said...

If you haven't watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - do. I can so relate to the guy that wants everything to be big and perfect, and nothing turns out that way. Being stressed is part of what and who you are. Try to roll with it.