Monday, September 27, 2010

Nathan's email


Hey Mommers!!
So it sounds like everything there is going fine and dandy! That sucks about Lesa though, I hope that she is doing okay! So yeah things here are good. Not too much has happened this last week so not too much to tell but, this week we do have the Estonians baptism on Saturday. Yup the same day as conference. The baptism is going to be at 4 and then conference will start at 7. so that's exciting. They asked that Elder Horne baptises them. so he is going to be coming down here to do that. so that will be pretty cool. then after the baptism we are going to be going down to Rauma for General Conference because they actually show it there. If we stay here in Pori we would have to watch it on the computer which wouldn't be very much fun so we're going down there.. so that should be fun... Oh before i forget did you ever send my address to Phil? I sent it after the letter a couple of weeks ago so I don't know if you would have saw it. anyway things here are going fine and dandy. Umm... I don't really know what else has happened... so yeah... Well I love and miss you take care!!!!
Rakaudella,
Vanhin Peck

Hello Father

So you want to hear something random about our last name... Peck in Estonian (I think its actually spelled Peck.. but its said the same... this apples for cases) means Fat.. like its was you call a fat person. and in Swedish, its a spoken word for disgusting. So yeah we Pecks are fat and disgusting... hahaha... so yeah random fact of the day.. As of this point I've yet to find a Finnish word Peck but yeah... its kinda funny.

So anyway things here are going good. Driving is quite fun, however its really confusing at times... some times i just don't know when or who to yield to and everything is crazy.. but its fun I enjoy it.

So yeah the language is pretty intense.. I'm still not very good at it, but i think its coming slowly.. I have good days and I have bad days where i just understand pretty well and somedays its just not every good... but I'm just going to keep studying and what not and I'm sure that it will.

So yeah everything is going good. we've got our baptism this week so that's exciting (more info in moms letter). and yeah. I haven't received your sacrament talk yet... it should come tomorrow.. so yeah remind me next week to tell you what i thought.

Welp i think that's everything. Take care. I love and miss you!!

Vanhin Peck

2 comments:

Maureen said...

He sounds great..

Kathy said...

You know, the peck is also a measurement. quart, bushel, peck. Notice that peck is the larges measurement so maybe you have something there. Love your emails. Grandma A