Saturday, March 5, 2011

Grandma and Grandad A

This picture is of my grandma Awbrey. She is on the back-left. The bottom picture is of my grandma and grandad, Curtis and Joyce is on my grandma's lap. I love the lumberjack boots my grandad has on. He worked in the lumber mill......I think. He was a hard worker. When he wasn't at work he was working on the farm or out at his workshop working on some kind of project. I have tons of great memories out on the farm.
Riding the tractor, eating food right out of their garden, learning to shoot a gun,feeding the chickens, wondering where the pile of feathers came from and noticing that there were a few less chickens running around, fishing and eating tons of fish, exploring the land for arrow heads....and finding some, collecting lots of rocks, the money jar that us 3 kids would divide up as soon as we got there and so, so many good memories. Great times!!! I sure miss them.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Your Grandad A worked in the woods as a lumberjack when he was younger. It was (and still is) very hard work. They were usually working on the sides of mountains that were steep. When he got older, he worked in the mills as a millwright and diesel truck mechanic.