Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Yard

So I started to work on the yard yesterday. I have huge plans that will take the team of lots of people to get it done. But for now....it's mainly me. Though Steve is excited to work on the vegetable garden and cutting down a tree next to the house. He wants an axe and a chain saw for cutting it down. He's never let us own a axe before because of a family story but that's another blog...or just ask me and I'll tell you the story. This gets me a little nervous...if you know what I mean. The tree has to fall in one direction or it will hit the house or fence. He says he knows what he's doing.
But I started digging up some grass yesterday by the back windows. There a pile of wood there and Doc was going insane!! She was scratching at the wood and sniffing around. I just kept digging up grass. I decided to look in the wood to see why she was going nuts. In between the boards was a little field mouse. It didn't move a whole lot. It just froze. I think it knew that Doc is blinder than a bat and it would be safe if it just stood still. And it was right. Doc couldn't find it anywhere. I finally moved the boards a little and the mouse moved and Doc caught a glance (with her good eye) and the mouse was dead in the jaws of Doc. I left. I didn't want to see anymore but Doc kept following me everywhere with the dead mouse hanging from her mouth. I went back to digging and she continued to eat most of it. She buried what was left in Emily's garden.
The reason I'm digging up the grass is cuz it's in my plans but also because I want to put one of those nice swings in. Christopher and Lesa have one and I want one now too. Not till after Steve takes the tree out cuz it will be one more thing the falling tree could hit.

1 comment:

Lesa said...

I can't wait to see the final results! :)