Wednesday, September 23, 2009

All for a deer hunt????

Look at all this stuff on my counter. It doesn't look like very much but today Steve and I spent $250 for a two night stay in the woods for him and Nathan to deer hunt.....mainly food, socks and long underwear. That doesn't include licence, tags, etc.


I'm still trying to comprehend this deer hunt thing. I was thinking ....what if we put all that money towards meat and loaded the freezer? Maybe I'm too much of a practical thinker. I'm still not sure what to think of this....I guess I will hear Saturday night if it was well worth it all. I'm sure there will be lots of great memories made with family on this trip.
ps. Sorry if I sound pessimistic....I really don't mean too.
























A little buddy of mine came over today. Maddox is fighting a cold but he still seemed very happy.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Camping is expensive..for our overnight ward campout I spent $100, on what I couldn't tell you, we surely didn't eat Lobster for dinner..things add up so fast..hope they all have fun!

Lesa said...

Well... at least if you had the deer you could (ahem) do something funny with it... maybe gut it in the back yard or something. I think that would be funny. :O)

(you don't have to post this comment)

The Pecks said...

We'll let the deer.....hang around :)

Kathy said...

It's a guy thing. That's why we don't spend a ton of money and go fishing anymore. Can buy salmon a lot cheaper, and just be lazy.