Saturday, September 12, 2009

Grandad's cider press

This is my grandma and grandad Awbrey. When I was a kid (and older) they lived on a farm near Eugene, Oregon. Every year my grandad would make apple cider with all the apples they grew. When my grandad died I inherited the apple press. For the last 3 years we have been making apple cider with the apples from our trees (5 total). We love inviting friends and family to come and make some with us. And this year I think is the best cider yet!!!

Darrell and Dyann came down from Salt Lake and Christopher, Lesa and Maddox came too.





































































We ended up with 5 gallons of very delicious cider. We could have made more but everyone was getting tired of cranking and pressing the juice out of the apples. Maybe next year we'll make more.
ps. We did miss Timothy, Jessica, Kingston and Jaron this year. Maybe next year will work out.

2 comments:

dpeck said...

That was really fun and so nice to have time with all of you. We do have impressive grandkids and one very impressive great grandkid that we so enjoyed. He's growing up so fast. Thanks for a great time and visit. Love you all! Dad/grandpa

Maureen said...

what about me, I wasn't invited and I'm truly offended, I would have made the 10 hour drive, but since you didn't ask, I didn't get to help but in a few weeks I'll hopefully get to taste ;} yummy! It looked like fun..