Monday, September 28, 2009

What do you do when you get free tomatoes?

Steve came home from the deer hunt without a deer but he did bring home a box of tomatoes from Klint and Mary-jo. These weren't little tomatoes.....they were HUGE!!! I would never, never let those go to waste so today I canned them. I got a total of 6 quarts and 1 pint. It's going to make some yummy homemade chili this winter!!! I want to say a BIG thank you to Klint and Mary-jo!!!!

























This is it..........I think I'm done canning for the year. I am pretty burned out but I can still be tempted into canning more if I got more free stuff but for now all I can say is.......I'M DONE.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Don't forget your wonderful lentil soup recipe. I make that with home canned tomatoes quite often in the winter. I'm even adding more lentils to my food storage.