Monday, September 21, 2009

Emily is sick.....so we cook.

First, I want to say is Emily has been fighting a fever and sore throat all day. I may take her to the drs. tomorrow if she's not feeling better by the morning. The school said strep is going around.


Today I mainly stayed home with Em to take care of her. Didn't want to clean so I cooked. This is our basil plant that I picked to death to try and get a cups worth to make some pesto. I haven't tried it yet but we ate it a lot in Vienna. They eat lots of sandwiches there and there is always pesto on them. We are going to make Viennese sandwiches tomorrow.


This is the pesto. Looks kinda grose huh?

Then I had tons of zucchini. Maybe because I planted 6 plants but I made 5 loaves of zucchini bread too.





Nathan wanted to make us dinner tonight. I NEVER refuse someone who wants to make me dinner.





yep.....that's shrimp and OMG....it was so good. Nathan is a great cook!!!







And this is my kitchen now. It was a very well used kitchen today.



1 comment:

Maureen said...

ITs never fun when your sick but it is fun when your forced to stay home with the sick, and that means eating..so cooking was a good thing..everything looks scrumptious diliopumtious..